I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recent Sewing Projects

So I've been on a round of sewing lately. It began with my sister, Stacy, requesting an overdue nursing cover. Then her friend requested one, then she requested an apron for my 2 yr. old nephew Daniel. I then decided to go ahead and buy some material to give my living room a new updated look. So here are my recent sewing projects.

Another nursing cover...


Although with this cover I lined the bottom and the straps with a coordinating fabric!

And the curious George apron for my nephew!

Before:
After: (who said fabric was only for clothes and pillows?! I used scrap fabric leftover from my pillows to outline my pics.)

Before:
After
Before
After ( used the brown curtains in the before picture and sewed them as a lining to the new curtains so that they weren't wasted.)

Before
After
Before
After
Before


After (I don't normally like "animal" print, however I thought this print would tie in my black and white photos....and I think it did the job!)

So I had fun "updating" our dingy living room. I even bought an upholstery cleaner to clean my furniture. I really love the new look! I hope Frank does too :)


2 comments:

  1. How do you find the time? I think the curtains really brighten up the room. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the time in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping! I'll be exhausted the next morning but that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete