I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Friday, June 11, 2010

The past week

So I have really still been busy even with cubscouts and soccer done for the moment. My "to do" list keeps growing by the day so it seems. It really is hard to accomplish everything that I want to or need to on a daily basis. I fall short often and find that I also "miss" playing with my kids because I'm busy with daily household stuff. My goal is to spend some quality time with them this summer. Right now the boys have spent all week at cubscout daycamp. I drop them off in the morning and pick them up right before dinner time. They have been having a blast and come home so filthy! I have missed them this week, so has their sister! I've been getting a few random things done on my list this week.

So I climbed the incline yesterday and beat my goal of 30 minutes! For those who have never had the privilege to climb the incline....it is a mile long hike up old railroad ties (steps) in which you gain 2000 ft elevation in that mile! It is very steep and in some spots I literally have to lean forward and put my hands down to catch my balance. I did it yesterday in 29:51. Most people that I personally know can climb it in 45 minutes or longer. I don't personally know anyone that has climbed in under 30 but I know few others have...so I felt good about hitting that goal! However, I ran down the trail to get down and I took a fall on loose gravel. I sprained my left ankle very bad. I literally watched it swell up with my own eyes. Now that was odd! I also cut my opposite knee and blood was all over my leg. So I started hobbling down at that point slowly and some girls hiking up the trail stopped me because they had a first aid kit. So I cleaned up a bit and kept going. I was blessed to have 3 ladies hiking down help me the rest of the way down by letting me hold onto one of them so I didn't have to put so much weight on my hurt ankle. I ended up going to the hospital to see if I broke it. Well, it's not broken so that is good! However, it is badly sprained and will take time to heal. They also decided not to stitch the knee because they couldn't get all of the dirt out and didn't want an infection. So I now have some sort of sterile strip thing that is staying on pretty good actually. I am very bummed...actually pretty mad about my fall because now I can't run the Garden of Gods 10 mile race that I signed up for this Sunday. Oh well. But the real frustration is that now I won't get the training in that I want/need to run a good Pikes Peak Marathon race. I believe I can still run that one but it won't be as fast because I will be missing a month of training, possibly more. Of course I will be swimming laps, pool running , and cycling all next week but that all is still different when training to run a marathon in which you are running 13 miles up a mountain, gaining 7k ft elevation and then run back down. I have only 10 wks until the marathon so hopefully my ankle heals fast so I can be running again!

So the boys started baseball practice tonight. They have always played soccer but this is the first time they have ever played baseball. Malachi has been anxiously waiting and so excited to play. Josiah on the other hand, didn't want to play because he was afraid he would get hit by a ball. He changed his mind after I talked him into trying something new and not being so scared. Well guess what.....Josiah got hit in the face tonight with a ball that his brother was throwing to him. He came up to me with blood all over him. Josiah gets random nose bleeds so it isn't a big deal, however, I have never seen so much blood come from any of my children before and especially had no idea a nose could bleed so much! A dad came over to help me clean him up as he apparently was a medic :) The funny part is that the coach didn't realize Josiah disappeared at the moment until Malachi said he needed a new partner because he hit his brother with a ball! Josiah was such a trooper! He didn't cry and even went back out there to finish practice! I was so proud of him because that was his fear and he didn't let it stop him. I told him now he knows what it feels like to be hit with a ball so now he shouldn't be scared! I had to laugh though because of his fear happening during his first practice....who would've thought??? Hopefully no more accidents for the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment