I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Penne with Sausage & Peas

Penne with Sausage & Peas


I found this recipe in my Family Circle magazine and gave it a try. The kids and I really enjoyed it. I thought the peas sounded odd but they tasted great with this dish. Here is the recipe (a few modifications of ingredients):


4 c. penne pasta, 12 oz, cooked and drained
2 T olive oil
1 pkg fully cooked sausage, sliced on the diagnonal
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 lb tomatoes, seeded and chopped (or canned tomatoes will work)
salt
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
2 T freshly grated parmesan cheese (I used ground b/c I didn't have fresh)

Cook pasta, drain and set aside. Cook meat in 1 T olive oil, scoop out when cooked. Reduce heat and add remaining 1 T. olive oil and garlic and cook 30 sec. Stir in tomatoes and salt and cook for 2 min. Stir in chicken broth, peas, and browned sausage. Heat through. place cooked pasta in a large bowl, add sausage mixture and 1 T. parmesan. Toss and top with remaining parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment