I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grilled Homemade Pizza and Homemade Ice Cream

So tonight I decided to try something different and grill my yummy homemade pizza. I have heard it was yummy! Well, it was yummy but not as much of a smokey flavor as I expected and desired. I would say that this probably would taste even better on a charcoal grill...but then again, doesn't' everything you grill taste better on charcoal?

First gather all your ingredients.
I just brushed the grill with olive oil then put the dough on and closed the lid. I flipped it when it bubbled but after I popped the bubbles. When flipped, I then added the ingredients. This is how it looked in the end :
The first one is a pesto pizza and the second just good ole' pepperoni for the kids :) It was a fun and different experience so I will do it again. I'll post my yummy pizza dough recipe another day.


And here the kids (and neighbor Molly) are enjoying a homemade vanilla ice cream cone. This vanilla is much better than my previous favorite vanilla from Breyers. I ended up buying a second ice cream maker....yes that's right..I have 2 of the same ice cream makers now! I figured that I needed the second so that it can make enough for company! So I'm excited to make homemade ice cream for my inlaws next week when they come for a visit. I think I will attempt blueberry and mint ice cream over the weekend first!



No comments:

Post a Comment