I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

So today I spent Mother's Day with a new friend, her sister, and all of our children. It was a great time of fellowship and the kids had a blast! Today was my 9th Mother's Day. It was a good day. Mother's Day is a day that I get to reflect on 4 of the greatest gifts God has blessed me with. They are Josiah, Malachi, Aliyah, and Judah. I truly am so blessed and love being a mommy to these precious ones. They light up my world and make me smile. So for the day today, Josiah asked to scramble some eggs for me for breakfast. I made some bacon and toast to go along with it. He is such a big boy! The boys also made me some cards showing their love and creativity. I loved all my cards! I didn't get any from Aliyah, I guess her brother's forgot to remind her to make me a card :) Josiah also tried to decorate some with streamers left over from birthdays. Below are pictures posted from the day.


Here is the bonsai plant that Frank sent me for Mother's Day from the kids.

Now, I also happened across a list that Josiah made of things to do for me for Mother's Day along with checkmarks beside the completed task. The tasks read like this (spelled like this too):
1. stay up decorate house
2. cute paper to heart and make card (checked off)
3. pick flowrers (checked off)
4. make lunch breackfast dinner (checked off ...although only breakfast was made)
5. make desurt
6. decorate desurt
7. do show
8. mak cards (checked off)
9. give mommy flowers (checked off)
10. clean house if messy

Josiah's pile of cards for me....he just loves making things for loved ones! (#2 on list...check)
Malachi's card to me...it is painted inside with a marble. He only had help spelling Mother and the rest he did on his own!
My chair decorated with streamers. (#1 on list....he forgot to check it off)
The only other spot that was decorated with streamers.
My flowers that were picked off of the blooming tree in our backyard. (#9 on list....check)

Josiah cooking scrambled eggs for breakfast. (#4 on list....check)

Now for pictures of my most precious gifts of all....my children!

My beautiful daughter.
My handsome sons.
My sweet baby.
I had to add another picture of Judah. He has given up his pacifier for his fingers these days.



I had a great day. I am so very blessed to be a mommy. Thank you Jesus for giving me such wonderful children to love and raise. I just love them!!!

2 comments:

  1. that is the cutest post ever. they put a lot of hard work into making your day so special. : )
    maggie (and daniel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they did...and Josiah is such a planner! I think he should get on the ball and plan all of our school lessons this fall...haha!

    ReplyDelete