I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Josiah...a missionary??


So the other day, Josiah mentioned that he wanted to know God more and said that he was going to pray for God to reveal Himself to him more. After his shower, Josiah came up to me and said "Mommy, I prayed in the shower to God and you know what he is trying to tell me?...I think He is trying to tell me that He wants me to be a missionary when I grow up." My heart is so excited! I know my son talks to God and loves Him with all his heart. I know that Josiah is only 9 yrs old but he has the faith and love for God greater than his age reveals. He has such a tender heart for God and I love to watch his relationship grow in Christ! Frank and I have said for years that God has something special for each of our kids. I'm not surprised by this desire or calling to be a missionary because Josiah is my child that carries his bible to read most places. He will take it to the ymca and read it while talking to moms in the play structure while I'm running. I had a woman confront me outside of the ymca one time telling me she knew me, or rather knew my son Josiah. I didn't recognize her at all. She said that Josiah has been talking to her for awhile now at the y about Jesus! I loved that she told me that! He is my sweet boy who really does not want to see anyone perish because they don't know God. Thus, I don't doubt that maybe God really did speak to him in the shower and maybe it is exactly God's calling that my little man will grow into a man of God and will go to another country and preach the Gospel. Yes, it is true, my God has a special plan for my sweet Josiah and I'm delighted and blessed to be his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment