I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aliyah is reading!

Aliyah read her first small book today! It is just a beginner book in a small series that I found at a thrift store. I have used this with the boys as well to help them to read. I am not teaching her to read early so that I can out do other moms nor does it make me feel like a better mom that my daughter can read before she is 5 yrs old. I am teaching her reading and math, on a kindergarten level now because she begs daily to teach her! Also, it helps her to focus on something so that she stops trying to bother Malachi during school. When she isn't doing busy work, she will sit and talk with Malachi and will try to get him to play with her when he should be working. It is challenging though, to be honest, trying to get used to homeschooling a 3rd child with my time. Every week we are progressing a little better. So without further ado, here is what she read tonight:

Tim Can
Tim is a can. Tim is a tin can.
Tim can bat. Hit it, Tim.
Tim can run. Run fast, Tim.
Tim can hop. Hop! Hop! Hop!
Tim met Sam. Sam is a pot.
Tim can help Sam. Tim can help Sam hop.
Tim has fun. Sam has fun.
Hop, Tim, hop. Hop, Sam, hop.
Hop! Hop! Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment