I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Malachi turns 8 years old!

Happy 8th Birthday Malachi
(September 26, 2011)



This post is a little late as last week was Malachi's 8th birthday! I can't believe he is 8 years old! What a joy it has been to raise this son over the past 8 years.

My most silly Malachi,

Oh how your mama loves you! I remember vividly the day you were born and the first time I held you and looked into your sweet eyes. You are naturally the funny one in the house. You always make your mama and daddy laugh and continue to make me smile daily! I love your sweet hugs and kisses that you so willingly give. It is funny how you don't mind when others are in your personal space, or should I say, rather, you like to get in other's personal space by sitting so close to them and loving on them! I love to watch you wrestle around and play soccer with your older brother. I love how you play star wars with your sister as you teach her how to "fight" with a light saber. And everyone knows that you have become the favorite sibling buddy to Judah! It is so sweet how Judah calls you "Bubba" and prefers you to play with him and do things with him, sometimes preferring you over mommy! It is because of the time you have given him since he was born, playing with him and taking care of him out of love, all out of your own desire. All of your siblings love you dearly as you are such a fun, loving kid! Since you were little, you have always been the daring, adventurous one of the bunch. I love that about you! Honestly, you have little to no fear of most things and are willing to try new things all the time. I'm surprised that in 8 years, you have not broken a bone yet! Malachi, my son, I love you so very much. I love that I get to spend my days with you at home, teaching you many things. I am so very blessed that God has allowed me to be your mom and to raise you in His ways. Over the past year, I have seen you grow in your relationship with God by reading your Bible and talking about Him often. I am so thrilled that you love God, as this is the desire of my heart for you....that you will love God with all your heart and serve Him as a man. Just the other day you asked me to please turn the radio down in the car because you couldn't concentrate as you were trying to read your bible. Your daddy and I are so very proud of the little man you are becoming and the sweet, funny boy that you are! We love you so much! I love you, Malachi, with the greatest love that a mother has.

Happy Birthday Malachi!

Love, Mommy

(and for the record, I also love your long shaggy hair!)

Malachi eating his birthday breakfast request: "Daddy's" stuffed french toast. Other requests were as follows: Lunch--Creamed eggs on toast and for Dinner--Nachos


Putting together some puzzles that his siblings bought for him for his bday. Of course they are Star Wars!

An Obi Wan light saber that Papa and Andrea sent.


This shirt was bought and given to him by his siblings with their own money.


The remote control car that daddy picked out for Malachi. This is not your Walmart remote control car :)


Money sent from Grandma Carr (more money flowed in from aunts and uncles as well). He spent some of his money on some star wars movies and legos!



Sparklers, fun!



Judah trying to help blow out the candles.

And for the record, here are some of your favorite things at 8 years old:

Favorite:

Board Game: Star Wars Monopoly
Food: Nachos
Subject in school: Cursive Handwriting
Sport: Soccer
Toy: Legos
Movie: Star Wars
Favorite Star Wars Character: tie between Yoda and Obi Wan
Favorite Season: summer

Other things you love: riding your bike, camping, hiking, no bake cookies, hugs, wrestling around, jumping and climbing on and off of things, food, reading, and God.



No comments:

Post a Comment