I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Helpful kids


I am finally feeling better! I was sick from Friday-Monday....pretty sick. I'm not sure what was wrong with me but think it may have been viral meningitis. I'm just so glad that it is over with and I have my energy back....at least most of it! While I was sick, I have to say that my children were such blessings. Josiah helped out by making sure everyone ate...even if it was cereal :) He did make grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone one time! Malachi helped out by holding Judah whenever he wanted company. He really does enjoy taking care of his little brother. The one morning I went into the living room and this is what I saw:



It was just so precious to me! They are all in their jammies and their hair messy but that is just fine with me because it is a sweet moment :) Anyhow, I wanted to post something cute that Aliyah also said yesterday. She said "mommy, Judah is doing his baby talk and he just said sister...oh now he just told me thank you for my kiss." She is so funny all the time and says silly things all the time. I just love her!

As a side note, I did a big grocery trip today and found what I can let the boys do that keeps them occupied rather than bored and running down the aisles. I let Josiah push the cart with Aliyah and food in it (Judah meanwhile hangs out in my maya wrap). And Malachi had the grocery list and his job was to cross things off. I have most always had problems in the past keeping Malachi with me because he gets so bored and will drive his cars down the aisles by seeing how far he can push it and then running after it. I like the list idea better :) At least it is easier for me to keep track of him and as a bonus, it is reading!

I still haven't heard from Frank since he left Kuwait for Afghanistan. Hopefully I will either get an email or phone call from him soon. I know he has been very tired lately poor guy.

Anyhow, lastly I wanted to post some pictures of my older boys and how they help around the house. Today for the first time, Malachi asked to change Judah.



He struggled getting his shirt on.

Still working on that shirt!

Judah seemed happy enough!



Now that the changing is all done, lets go for the smooches!
Here is Aliyah being a big girl carrying her brother.


So during dinner preparation, Judah was fussy and of course Malachi took care of that...

....while Josiah helped put the salad together. It was his first time with the big knife and he did such a great job! I'm so proud of him too!




So I have some very helpful, loving kids. They all are so great in their own individual ways. God has truly blessed me 4 times over now with these sweet kiddos of mine!






No comments:

Post a Comment