I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Day of School 2012-2013


We are into our new school year and this year we have a middle schooler in the house!!  Josiah is now in 6th grade!  I can't believe it!  He is also only 4 1/2 in shorter than me so I'm sure he will be growing taller than me within this school year.  Malachi is in 4th grade and Aliyah is in 2nd grade.  Yes, Aliyah was in K last year but she has past her way into 2nd grade work this year, although she is about a middle of 3rd grade reading level.  She isn't smarter than her brothers.....she just started earlier because of her desire to be like them.  One thing we will be focusing on with all the kids this year is SPELLING!  They all read way above their grade level and their vocabulary is great.....but their spelling....well...not so great.  I've never really used much of a spelling program so far but have a few things I plan to try this year.  I look forward to my 7th year of homeschooling and having my kids at home with me as we learn together and grow in our relationships together in amazing ways that being at home nurtures.  It will be an exciting year! Make sure you go to the end of this post and read the kids questionnaires.....very cute!

Introducing.....the Carr kids

Sweet baby Elias, 8 1/2 months



technically, this picture was not taken on the same day but was taken the same week and it was too cute to resist!



Judah 2 1/2 yrs, the pre-preschooler :)
the younger boys playing


He is drawing with chalk at his school desk and said "mommy, look, veggie tales"  He tried to draw larry the cucumber from veggie tales.  I think we have an artist in the family!  



He crumbled up his paper.
 Aliyah, the second grader, 6 1/2 yrs old.


 Malachi the fourth grader, 8 yrs ....almost 9 yrs old.
 Josiah, the sixth grader, 10 1/2 yrs old




 I just love these kids!!!



Pictures of our school room:




First Day of School Questionnaire:



Josiah
I am 59 1/2 in tall and weigh 75.8 lbs.
My best friend is: God.
My favorite thing to play is: magick (magic).
My favorite color: red
My favorite book:  The Hobbit
My favorite T.V. show:  Wipe Out
My favorite food:  I don't know
When I grow up, I want to be: be a misonare (missionary)
Something I really like: reading
Something I really don't like: breaking a tailbone
My favorite thing about myself:  I'm fast
Something I want to do this year: run 8 miles





 Malachi
I am 56 in tall and weigh 80.8 pounds.
My best friend's name is:  Molly, Iziah, and Tiller (tyler)
My favorite thing to play: magi's
My favorite color:  blue
My favorite book:  a star wars book
My favorite T.V. show: ant farm
My favorite food:  anchata (enchilada)
When I grow up, I want to be: be in the army
Something I really like: to do is play soccer.
Something I really don't like: cats.
My favorite thing about myself: lots of stof (stuff).
Something I want to do this year:  is go to Jamestown.





Aliyah
I am 47 1/2 inches tall and weigh 47.8 pounds.
My best friend's name is: Bree, Molly, Andi
My favorite thing to play: littlest pet shop
My favorite color: prple (purple).
My favorite book: jak and ane (Jack and Annie-Magic Treehouse series).
My favorite T. V. show: wip ayt (Wipe Out).
My favorite food: bays frensh toste (daddy's french toast)
When I grow up, I want to: arme grle (army girl)
Something I really like: my momy (mommy)
Something I really don't like: clening ap bog pope (cleaning up dog poop)
My favorite thing about myself: I lik raning (I like running)
Something I want to do this year: go to grte wofl lage (go to great wolf lodge)

3 comments: