I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

33 Random Things about me.....on my 33rd birthday.


Today is my 33rd birthday.  I decided to come up with 33 random things about myself.  How much did you know about me or how much were you surprised to learn?

33 Random Things About Dena

1.       I have grey hair. Lots of grey hair.  I’ve been getting grey hair since I was 18 yrs old.  

2.       I’ve always wanted to be a redhead.  My brother has red hair, my biological mother had red hair, and my grandmother had red hair.  I was blessed with brown hair.  Now I dye it red, to cover the grey.

3.       I started college at 17 yrs old and graduated early, in 3 ½ years with a double major at 21 yrs old.

4.       My maiden name is Darr.  My married name is Carr.  I moved up in the alphabet.

5.       I love to kiss my children’s feet until they are about 5 years old.  Don’t judge me.

6.       I would rather not shower for a week while backpacking than dress up and attend a fancy dinner.

7.       I have run 3 marathons (26.2 mi) and two 50 k (31mi) races.  I plan to run a 50 miler before I turn 34 yrs and hopefully a 100 miler before 35 yrs. 

8.       I don’t run to loose weight or to get in shape.  I run because I love running and find it amazingly freeing, exhilarating, and sometimes painful.  When it is painful, I train harder and it becomes easier.

9.       I prefer the mountains over the beach any day.

10.   I am competitive.  I love competing with my husband, who is also very competitive. Sometimes it is playful, sometimes it gets dirty but we always drive each other to reach our potential.  However, my biggest competitor is myself.

11.   I have a horrible singing voice.  I sing to my children in strange, silly ways just to make them laugh. 

12.   I am self-conscious about my body.  Even though I am skinny, by other’s measures, I’m just like all other moms that struggle with body image.  

13.   I watched two people die in my life, my mother and my uncle.

14.   I want to complete an ironman triathalon one day.  I love running, I enjoy biking, and I only swim when I’m injured and can’t run. 

15.   I used to cook hamburger helper meals and boxed cake and brownie mixes early in my marriage.  I refuse to cook from a box and try to make most things homemade including yogurt, bread, all cookies, cakes, brownies, granola bars, soups, etc.

16.   My husband is a better cook than I am and I’ve become a better cook because of him.  I love when he cooks for me.

17.   I am intrigued by the Amish community and would love to live like them.

18.   I grind my own wheat and make my own laundry soap.

19.   I love facial hair on my man.  However he has not been allowed to have any most of our married life because of jobs.

20.   I love spicy foods.  I think my father in law loves me because I love spicy foods J

21.   I love being a wife and mom more than anything.

22.   I ask a lot of questions.  I annoy people with my questions but the only honest ones to tell me that I’m annoying is my husband and brother Andrew.

23.   I love watching my kids play soccer.  I wish I played soccer when I was a kid.

24.   The first time I ate Indian food, I thought it was disgusting.  It is one of my favorite types of food.  It may just be my favorite food now.

25.   I like most fish but dislike all other seafood much to my husband’s dismay.

26.   I would love to climb K2 one day.  Everest is too popular.  Maybe one day when my kids are grown and I have lots of money to do it.  If I climb K2 one day, I will probably die by freezing to death.  I dislike being extremely cold.  I get cold very easy.

27.   I am supposed to wear glasses but don’t.  I don’t wear contacts either.  I just don’t drive in the dark and it works for me.

28.   I’m not afraid to fart in front of my husband. 

29.   I love horses.  I find them healing.

30.   I’m not very tall.  Only 5’4. I didn’t have much luck with my biological father standing at about 5’2 or 5’3. 

31.   I run in vibram 5 finger shoes.  I won’t wear traditional running shoes again.

32.   My favorite vegetable is a potato because of the taste and versatility.  I love them baked, mashed, fried, and in soups.

33.   I am passionate about a few things including: homeschooling, homebirths, running, making things homemade, and adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment