I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm still around here....

I can't believe that my last post was about 2 months ago! It sure has been a long time since I've been on here. I've been crazy busy with the hubby home and ending homeschooling, soccer, and cubscouts for the summer. Whew...we are done .....for now at least!!!! Frank has now officially been home for 3 months as of yesterday!!! I'm so happy to have my best friend, love of my life home with me. On another note, I'm also 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow!! We didn't exactly "plan" this pregnancy as we have started the adoption process, however it is God's plan and perfect! We are still adopting absolutely. However, it will be paused until Jan/Feb 2012 in which we will pick back up after the baby is born (due Dec 29th) and after we settle into our final duty station. I expect we will bring Selah home from Ethiopia sometime in 2013. It is neat how God works things out because I have always known in my heart I would be a mother to at LEAST 6 children :) This baby will make #5 and Selah will be #6 :) I surely am one blessed mama! So lately I've been so sick feeling and not enjoying this beginning part. I am hoping that it disappears soon, as we have tons of traveling to do in less than 3 weeks!

So this past week we were blessed with a free vacation at Trails West in Buena Vista, CO. It is held by Young Life, a Christian organization. It was an awesome week to relax and make some great memories with the family! The kids didn't want to leave! The boys got to go whitewater rafting, climb a ropes course and zip line. Josiah even got to go horseback riding on some trails! Some activities had age requirements, thus the reason Aliyah missed out on a few of the things. However, it was just an awesome week with many blessings. All the people working there were volunteers that loved Jesus and had such awesome servant's hearts. We were very blessed by their enthusiasm and care for us! Also, Buena Vista is just beautiful! I just find many places in Colorado to be absolutely beautiful! I don't want to move from here, but it is inevitable. We have the moving company coming today to look at how much stuff we have so they know how many boxes to bring back. Then our stuff is going to start being packed up in 12 days and we will be leaving here in 17 days. For those who don't know, we are moving to VA for my hubby to go to captain career course and then we will move to a final duty station in January sometime. We still don't know where that final duty station will be, but should find out sometime in September.

Well I have tons of pictures that I want to post but first I need to go deep clean the house before the moving people stop by. I will post one big post with just picture updates later today, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you blogged. I check in daily to see what aliyah and the boys are up to. Love you all see you soon.

    ReplyDelete