I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Aliyah turns 6!!

Happy Birthday Aliyah!!




A very belated post....

Aliyah 6 yrs old
(March 22nd)

Dear Aliyah,

You are now 6 years old!  I remember very clearly the day you were born in the comforts of our home, as our first homebirthed baby.  Daddy was in training but I was comforted with your Aunt Stacy, and a few friends during your birth.  I remember so vividly what a joy it was to find out that I was blessed with a daughter!  Now I loved your older brothers dearly, yet knew in my heart I also wanted to raise a daughter as well and was ecstatic when you arrived...12 days early :)  I love you so dearly my sweet girl.  You are growing into a beautiful young girl, both inside and out.  I love how you are so gentle with your newest baby brother and how you can also keep up with your older brothers in both energy and spunk!  You recently learned how to climb trees.  You play very well with Josiah and Malachi and I think of you three as three peas in a pod.  I find it sweet how you will play with girly toys or do more girly activities when you have girl friends around, but at the same time, you are very content to play with your brothers with their toys.  Daddy still calls you his monkey, and I may add that you really love to hear him call you that because you give him the biggest smile and hugs when he does.  It is something sweet to see you love on him. You talk about your sister "Selah" that we are in the process of adopting and you continue to pray for her daily. You are such a joy around here, and your brothers do love you so much! I love you my sweet daughter and am so very blessed that God has allowed me to raise you. 

I love you.  Love your mommy.

Favorite Things:

Food:  broccoli and cheese soup

Sport:  Soccer

Season:  summer because you can play outside on sunny days

Pasttime: playing with your brothers (legos, swingset, starwars games)

Game:  Wii Just Dance 

Color:  purple

School Subject:  Reading

Movie:  The Last Airbender

Book:  Magic Treehouse series

Toy: the littlest petshops

Birthday Meals Requested:

Breakfast:  Daddy's special french toast (french toast stuffed with cream cheese and dark chocolate chips and topped with a raspberry compote)

Lunch:  nachoes

Dinner:  Broccoli and Chicken Cheese Soup

Dessert:  Lemon and Blueberry cupcakes filled with lemon compote (yum!)





Here you are with the beautiful dress that Great Grandma Carr (and grandpa) sent you!  You loved it!



Here you are with all your hello kitty things that Papa and Grandma Andrea sent you.  You are just so adorable!





No comments:

Post a Comment