I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Friday, March 4, 2011

Around here

I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to catch up here on the blog. I've mailed in some more paperwork for the adoption so we are one step closer I guess. Although I got an email today saying that the Ethiopia program isn't closing, but is slowing down. It is a long story to go into but I am not sure what this will mean for us in the end. We initially thought we would be bringing home our daughter the beginning of 2012 but now I am not so sure what that will look like. God is in control though so I rest in that.

We are getting ready for Frank's return home from this deployment! I can't say when he is coming back but will say that it is this month!!! I am so excited to have my husband, my best friend, my perfect companion home with me. Oh how I have missed him over this past year. When he returns he will have just hit his 5 year mark of being in the military. And sadly, due to training and 2 deployments, we have only lived together 1 and 1/2 years of that 5 years. Aliyah also turns 5 years old this month, thus her daddy has only lived with her 1 1/2 years of her small life so far. I sure hope that there will be a long delay before his next deployment.

Tonight I have 2 extra kiddos in my home. Josiah has 2 friends from cubscouts spending the night. They are great boys, loud when the are all together, but still great boys! I let the kids have friends spend the night for their birthday and this past birthday, Josiah didn't get that chance with his daddy home for his R & R. Thus the reason he has friends over tonight.

I'm tired and will be going to bed here shortly. This is just a quick update and only a partial update into my life....haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment