I strive for this verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

Monday, July 26, 2010

Coming Home ---Frank's Poem

My husband doesn't think he is a poet but he is :) He wrote this poem to me a few weeks ago during this second deployment, another separation that we have to endure. I just love him so much! I feel so very special when my man writes me poetry because of his love for me!!

Coming Home

When I came home, she was standing there
her big brown eyes and long flowing hair
blowing in the breeze

It was just the way I remember, the day I left
I strained to ingrain the image and protect it in the cleft-
just inside my heart

All the long days and really long nights
slaving and straining to do eveyrthing just right
to win an impossible war

The oppressive heat, malaria, or rockets from above
could not impede me from getting to the one I love
the one who runs through my mind

Daydreams of time spent enjoying the energy of youth
are all that it takes to give the depths of our love it's proof
a truth without equal

As the time wears on with the endless tick of the clock
the mind wanders, spirit wearies, hope runs a muck
like a bad Vangogh painting

I strain to remember the image ingrained that day
of a beauty so sweet, and innocent, a fair true lady
of which there is no compare

I suddenly see her standing there!
With her big brown eyes and long flowing hair
blowing in the breeze

My soul is at rest, my dreams made complete
when finally I am home to my lover so sweet
my final coming home.

1 comment: